General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Pollyanna and a Frustrating Day

I am hugely blessed and have a great life. I also have my share of drama, and sometimes that drama just gets me. Especially when "the hormonies," as my best friend calls them, kick in. And my hormonies are basically whacked and in a constant state of disarray. 

Oh boy, I am having one of those days! You know- the kind where nothing bad has really happened, you should actually be pretty good, if you complain people are going to think you're a jerk, and yet.... darn if you're not just down and out and in a bad mood!

But, I say all of this not to complain (although I kinda want to), but to remind myself- and you on your bad days- that playing the Pollyanna Game. Did you ever watch Pollyanna? My Mama played it for us all the time. And the game is to count things you have to be happy about when you're in a bad mood.

So here's my list for today:

My sweet Van Geaux is getting well!! She's a little better every day and should be able to go home (THANK GOODNESS) next weekend. I am really ready to have my life back!

A Mama that plays with me. This is us in the rain this weekend!

A great friend who listens to me daily- happy or sad- and never gives up on me!

Chocolate Ice Cream (I will be getting some on my way home!)


Chris Hodges and Church of the Highlands. He is hysterical and such a cute pastor. I burn his sermons to CD or put them on my iPod (thanks, also, to AC) and listen to them while I commute. He lifts my spirits. You should listen to the series on Hope - Amazing!!
www.churchofthehighlands.com

Wine! I know- maybe this shouldn't be on my top list. But you know what? I just enjoy it so very much and it makes me quite happy!

Having a job, even when it's not fulfilling me as much as I'd like. I get a steady pay check and a lot of people don't, so I'm grateful. 

I listen to the song "Circle of Friends" by Point of Grace a lot, and I really am thankful for my friends. If you talk to me, lift my spirit, encourage me or make me smile- you're in it. If you're reading this, you can be sure you're in it. So thanks. Every person, every bit of love, every piece of happiness makes a difference. Girlfriends are vital!!

And if you happen to know anyone in The Woodlands, Texas, let me know, PLEASE! ;)

Your turn- make a list!





1 comment:

  1. Oooo I love Polyanna!!! She was my fave as a child!!! You're the best Ash! I'm sad you're sad but glad you're counting your blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!