Sally has some salmon her brother sent her from Alaska, and we eat a lot of eggs because they are so fresh and delish here. So this recipe jumped out at me. It sounded a little odd... but it ended up being completely outstanding! Very unique, but very good. And it was so quick and easy to make. It was like having a gourmet cafe meal on a budget, and fast. And we got to eat it while watching the Packers, so it was good all around.
I highly recommended this- give it a shot!
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 4 ounces smoked wild salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bring water and vinegar to a simmer in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add eggs, 1 at a time; simmer 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
2. Combine cheese, onion, dill, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over each bread slice. Top each serving with 1/4 cup arugula and 1 ounce salmon. Remove eggs from pan with a slotted spoon; top each sandwich with 1 egg. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 10.7g (sat 3.9g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.0g)