S is pretty much the exact opposite of me, except when it comes to our love of our dogs (Our friendship really clicked when, after knowing me for 3 weeks, she informed me that she couldn't go on her honeymoon if I didn't keep her dog). A few examples:
- S is a vegetarian and I am a true carnivore
- S doesn't drink and I am a total wine-o
- S doesn't consume any caffeine... like, at all! Obviously, I live on it.
- S always had a plan and a mission. I pretty much go with the flow
- S is very, very driven and I'm fairly lazy
- S is extremely artistic and musically inclined. Me...uh...no.
- S is a true Northerner and I am Southern to the core
- S hates football. This was almost a parting-of-ways point for us.
So you can see, we're really not alike at all. And yet- here we are... five-ish years later and we're in love (thus the "lover" in the blog title). S pushes me out of my box, she gets me to try new things and go new places. She's almost exotic to me is a really cool, relateable way. I feel like I learn something new every time I'm with her. And she is always the call I make when I need to be "analyzed" or can't think of the word I want to use.
Today I head off to spend a week- a WHOLE WEEK- with S. First we're going to Cape Cod for four days then back to her house near Boston to hang with her hubby and the kids. I haven't seen my adorable niece in so long or met my new nephew.
Our girl trip to Apalachicola, FL
York Harbor, Maine
You won't hear from me for a while (tragic, I know) because I'll be playing! Here's to friends that sweep into your life quickly, stay forever, and change everything!