General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

We Have Arrived!

It's been quite a busy four days, ladies! It's 3:30pm and I have yet to shower today.
I know I've been out of touch, and I'm not up to date on your blogs either. I'll try and get back on track.

For now, a brief update in photos:

Van and I about to head out. Also, this is my new car. :)

Daddy and I stopped in Sulphur, Louisiana Saturday night and found this amazing, hole in the wall restaurant called The Boiling Point. We had to clean out own table, but it was totally worth it!
Crawfish Platter
That bread item is one of the most amazing thing I have ever eaten. It's called a Pistolette. I call it a crawfish doughnut because it has the consistency of a hot Krispy Kreme Doughnut but no glaze and is filled with crawfish etoufee. TO DIE FOR! We ordered 6 to go.

My sweet Daddy driving the U-Haul down I-10 headed for the Texas State Line!

A few preliminary apartment pics. I really like it - Niki did an amazing job picking it out. It's really spacious and has TONS of storage. I'll do better soon!

Niki pulling in for the first time ever!! (Yup- I was that happy. I took a photo)

Lorelei, Van and Nathan watching us unload.

Lorelei checking out her new highchair. It was mine when I was a baby. :)

All right- must shower! More to come...

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!! the apt. looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apt. is so spacious & I LOVE the wood floors!! Why can't I find something like that here in San Antonio!?!?
    Love the new car :) & ahhh..I die for cajun food. mmmm!!

    ReplyDelete

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!