General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Don't do that at the Gym, People!!

True story: I hate working out.

There you go, done. End of story

OK, no, just kidding. But I do hate working out. I do it anyway, though, because I like to eat and drink wine and drink margaritas and have chocolate. So I work out. But some people just don't make it easy, you know? For example, last night I was at the gym in my apartment and it was just me and some guy on the elliptical. There I was, minding my own business on the treadmill, and I start hearing: "Uh, Uh, Uuuuh, Oooh, Oooh." And I'm not talking about to himself, either. I had headphones on and I could still hear him; loud and clear. Really, dude? REALLY? You are on the elliptical for goodness sake! It's the ELLIPTICAL! The no impact machine. How hard could it really be? And from there, he begins to loudly cheer on his football team. Buddy- if you are working out during the game it's not that important to you. You aren't in a bar or with your buddies or home alone. You are in a gym. I do not need to hear, "Get Him!" "Heel yes!" "What are you DOING??" or "You're a moron!" I just want to work out. If it was good football, I would be watching it.

I am completely annoyed by people in the gym sometimes. I've been a part of a large gym and now work out in my apartment complex's tiiiiny gym. So I have come up with a list of rules for either/or that I would appreciate anyone working out in my vicinity follow:

1. Do not stand next to/on equipment and chat with friends. It is perfectly acceptable to work out with a friend. Encouraged, even. But WORK OUT! Do not just stand there, leaning on equipment other people want to use and chat. If you want to stand around and talk go to a happy hour.

2. If you are a trainer and you have a client of the opposite sex, the treadmill and stair climber are not appropriate places for you to simulate the sex act under the guise of instruction.

3. Please don't bring your iPhone and blast offensive rap music (especially if you are an old, bald white guy. Come on!). Or any music. That is why they invented headphones.

4. No grunting, groaning or moaning. If it's that hard you shouldn't be doing it. Don't you see the warning posted about getting a doctor's approval?

5. WIPE DOWN YOUR EQUIPMENT. Enough said.

Now is this that hard? I don't think so. Just have some manners, people.

1 comment:

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!