General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bedroom Design - Suggestions Accepted

I spent most of last weekend rearranging my bedroom. I wasn't a fan of the layout. 


The bed placement was OK, but I couldn't stand walking into the dresser! Unfortunately, the TV has to be where it is- right in the door. And that's where I watch the news while I get dressed in the morning, so it's a must.

I moved the bed and moved the dresser back and forth between two places about four times. Van was annoyed.


This is her annoyed face. She likes to help while I rearrange because she wants things a certain way. She has to be able to find an appropriate spot to lay down where she can watch the goings-on. So if I put something where she doesn't like it she stares at the piece of furniture until I move it. Seriously. But I was wreaking so much havoc in the bedroom she huffed and moved to her bed. 


First place I put the dresser. Big no. The real problem here is that my furniture is too large for the room. And yes, Van just watched me move furniture from one place to another from her new favorite perch once the bed was settled and she could find her way into the room again. (Please note that she can properly keep an eye on me while I am cooking from the bed now. This is good.)


New arrangement. Sorry it's dark- I should have opened the blinds. It's not perfect, but it's better.



Where the dresser lives now. I'm not a fan, but it's best case scenario right now. 


I absolutely hate cords and wires. So I used the ridiculous amount of books I own to cover the wires behind the TV.

So there's what I have for now. But there's plenty of time for moving things around this weekend. I like this better, but I'm not in love with it. Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!