General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Time Management is Hard!

Lately, I've been totally stressing about fitting everything in. It is HARD, folks! I have to keep up some ruse of an exercise routine because of my hormonies, my sweetie puppy girl is perfect all day wile I work and must get out to exercise, work takes up TOO MUCH TIME, I need to eat healthy which takes some type of preparation and not a drive through window, I haven't been reading as much (until I picked up Unbroken) and I miss books, I need to get out and network and make new Texas-type friends, I don't want to be alone forever... and did I mention work takes up too much time? All of this is weighing on me while the truth of the situation is that I really just want to spend my time with my BFF and her two kids because I am obsessed with them (in a good way).

I can not fit it all in. If I keep up the work-out routine I did in P'cola I come home, work out (leaving my dog alone again), take Van for a swim, eat something quickly, shower, got to bed. Did you see anything fun in there - because I did not.

After much stress, prayer, and self berating I decided to make some priorities.

#1 is a tie between The Kickels and Van. (Don't judge. My dog is my child)
#2 is exercise for the sole reason that it keeps my hormones balanced. If it didn't I would ditch it.
#3 Is work. It kinda has to be a priority because it pays the bills
#4 Reading (I heart books, OK??)

I have condensed my workout. I don't need to be buff- I just need to be me. Time with Van and Niki keep me balanced and happy and was the purpose of packing up my life and moving to Texas. Though I would one day like to work part time or from home and have horses and cows and pigs and chickens and a duck- for now work is an office and a desk and a necessity so I may as well not fight it. I've been spending more time reading and it really does make a difference for me and my mental state.

It ain't perfect, but it's working.
Am I the only one? How do you guys balance things?

2 comments:

  1. I have to wonder how you find time to post to your blog so often. If I could update my website as often as you do, I'd be doing great.

    As for balancing, I suppose I just go until I feel like something's outta whack. Then, I focus on that thing. If I don't have Jonas and Beth time every day, it's a real drag and ruins the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about working out pre-work? A.M.? It literally saves my whole day! It's hard at first to get up early but then you don't have to worry about it!

    ReplyDelete

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!