General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer + Weekend Pics

So, who decides when summer officially starts? The sun? The calendar (Memorial Day)?
I'm gonna go ahead and say it was 2 to 3 weeks ago when we started having 100+ degree temps EVERY DAY! I don't care when the summer solstice is or when the sun's rays hit the equator directly - if it's 100 degrees in June, it's summer. End of discussion.

Speaking of summer, we had a rather summery weekend. We loaded up the kids and headed to Galveston on Saturday. (AC, don't judge) Let me just tell ya, Perdido Key it aint! I am accustomed to beautiful, white sandy beaches. Their sand is brown and their water is brown too and their water will turn you brown. I made the mistake of wearing my white bathing suit and it's still soaking in stain remover. I mean, it's not dirty in a trash in the water kind of way. Just in a silty water kind of way.

At any rate, we had a blast regardless. The bonus to Galveston over Perdido is that you can take your dog with you without the risk of a $500 fine. This goes a very long way in my book.

Cutest beach baby ever!

Van and I hitting the surf

We could hardly get Nathan to come out of the water. The same goes for van

Playing fetch with Van

Love her!

Most adorable best friend ever.

This is Van obliging me for about 5 seconds before trying, again, to figure out how to get off of the fishing pier and into the water. 

Most precious nephew

This would be me torturing Nate and Van by making them pose instead of play in the waves. 

All in all it was a great day and we'll head back again (wearing black bathing suits!!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm having G-Town flashbaaacckkss! AAAHHHHHH! Ok, I'm done, I would take Galv any day as long as those cuties were there and my AshHam!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I am jealous of your weather. Summer is just beginning in Oregon and today is supposed to be the hottest day yet! I hope it continues but here you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable beach baby!!! i'm heading to the beach this evening and i cannot wait : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! And the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!