General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesdays are for Boston!

Well, Mrs. Sadie posted about her friend, Mary, that lives in Boston today. Which is quite ironic since I booked a ticket to visit there just yesterday. My famous friend Shannon, her hot hubbie, and my PRICELESS niece live there. Well, actually, about 20 minutes out; just outside of Lexington on Hanscom Air Force Base where Chip (the Hubbie) is the hottest member of the Air Force Band of Liberty as their jazz pianist.

Long story short, I needed some time last year to go through and deal with some personal things. My work was good enough to understand and let me work part time and my friends in Boston were loving enough to let me crash with them for a month to get a change of scenery and readjust myself on multiple levels. S is a big stronghold and guiding light for me.

I fell madly in love with Boston and would probably move there if I wasn't petrified of the winters (Hey, I've never even SEEN snow!). These were a few (of many) of my favorite moments...

Tadpole Park in Boston Common. If the weather is good, I'm hoping we can go back to play in Boston Common and picnic for part of a day. S is 7 months preggers, so we won't be doing any major walking. But possibly relaxing in the park could work. 

Cambridge, Mass where the first shot of the Revolutionary War was fired. 

Also in Cambridge. Believe me when I tell you that everywhere you go around Boston is picturesque and gorgeous. 

This isn't Boston. Its York Harbor, Maine. But I would be completely remiss if I didn't include it in my pictures because I fell madly in love with it! My sweet S took me on quite the tour of New England in a month!

S and I in Times Square after I saw my first Broadway show! We will be singing the songs when I get there. I pre-apologize to the neighbors. 

Apple picking, and the only thing I asked S if we could do again on this trip. Because I got to eat an apple just off the tree, and really, what's better than that?

I am mostly looking forward to squishing my little namesake (Aurora Lane) with too many hugs and cuddling with S again! It's just been too long since Ive seen them.

Thanks for the post idea, Sarah!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! Tell S I love her! And Aury too. But you can forget Chip. J/K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Boston!! you are going to have a blast!! what a perfect time to be there.

    ReplyDelete

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!