All things considered, though, it turned out fine seeing as T Hamm and I made these AMAZING muffins on Sunday. These are definitely some of the greatest muffins I have ever had. You must try immediately.
Banana Peanut Butter Muffins (Bread)
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare bread, combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat until blended.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool.
4. To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over bread.
I made muffins, not bread, and baked them for 30 mins. Also, my "glaze" came out more like "icing" but it was amazing anyhow! Oh- and just go ahead and double the glaze recipe. trust me...