General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Smart Ass Questions

So, I saw this today. It's a warning on a plastic bag a computer came in

1. If the slash is BEHIND the photo, does that mean it's OK to smother and choke yourself?
2. Do you really need to smother yourself with a plastic bag AND choke yourself at the same time? Isn't that kind of overkill?
3. Is he actually choking himself, or holding the ends of the bag down so that no new air can get in? And if the second is the case, do you really thing the warning on a bag would have stopped him?

These kinds of warnings baffle me. They really do. Like the warning stickers they put on the plastic storage containers you buy at Wal Mart. I can see a child climbing into one of the boxes to play. But if a person is going to lock the lid onto the container with their kid inside, don't you think they would have done something anyway??? Do the boxes really need a warning. Because I don't know anyone who would not see their child in a CLEAR PLASTIC CONTAINER and accidentally put the lid on and lock the kid inside. And even is this mistake did occur, you would HEAR your kid in there or feel the instable weight in it when you lifted the box.

I worry more about our legal system when I realize that people get away with suing, and winning cases, against companies that make plastic bags and containers than I do when it lets criminals out onto the streets.
Good grief!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!