General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Apalachicola, My New Love!

Umm, Apalachicola is my new favorite place! We will definitely be going back!

As always, for me a trip revolves heavily around food. I was NOT disappointed. You know I had to lead with Apalachicola's famous oysters- so, so fresh and yummy! I ate one before I could even take a picture for you. Then we had cucumber and feta salad and I had oysters and artichokes sautéed in champagne and cream served over spinach and baguette. YUM! Mama had friend shrimp, which she ate so quickly they were gone before I got a pic. And lastly, our post dinner and shopping picnic on our fab balcony. 

The town was very cute and picturesque. It needs a little development help (I may be willing to volunteer for that), but it's quaint and adorable. The shopping was random and fun, our hotel suite was completely perfect and the water we were surrounded with was beautiful.

Of course, as you know, I got to bring my sweetie Van and Mommy brought little Pixie. Van was in heaven, surrounded by water. She swam most of the trip in the Apalachicola River and in the Gulf. I nearly died of happiness getting to swim with Van in the Gulf on St. George Island. That one tiny pic that looks like a dot in the water is actually me and Vannie G. I asked Mama why she took a picture of that couple hugging in the water and she told me it was me and Van.... what can I say?

And, to cap it off, a picture of Mama with her shrimp boat. My Mama has always romanticized shrimp boats and wanted one. She asked Daddy if they could retire on a shrimp boat and he answered that not only could they not retire, they could not retire to a shrimp boat. Oh well, here's to dreaming. And please note the rhinestone white sunglasses!




2 comments:

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!