General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Friday, July 26, 2013

Migraines, Wicked and Willa Cather

I have had two migraines this week... in a row... not fun! I used to get clusters of them when I was in high school, but haven't for years. Now it seems they are making a come back. Does anyone have any suggestions on prevention? I'm going to the doctor next week, but I'm open to suggestions!

I am FINALLY getting to see Wicked this weekend! Sunday night, double date with Niki and Jade, Houston Hobby Center... it's ON! I can't wait!

Over the past few years, I have developed a Willa Cather addiction thanks to Shannon. I love her writing style and her characters. She draws me in without obsessing me and I always feel a part of her stories. And if I could time travel I would go and meet her. I have read My Antonia, One of Ours, The Professor's House and Death Comes for the Archbishop as well as her biography. I just started Sapphira and the Slave Girl. Have you read any? Are you obsessed with her like I am? Tell me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!















There was an error in this gadget