General musings on the ups and downs and ins and outs in the life of a 30 something, unmarried, life loving, some times interesting and sometimes not, mostly happy girl just trying to figure it all out!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football?

I am a blogging SLACKER lately! And guess what? I am going to slack a little more... because tomorrow I am headed out for a weekend of football!


My beloved Tigers are playing their season opener against the Oregon Ducks in Dallas. Cowboy Stadium,baby! I love me some LSU- I bleeeeeed Purple and Gold! So off I go and I will return with many pics!

This year's "official football quote" that the season is revolving around was written by our amazing home game announcer, Dan Bourne. I gave me goosebumps! It's death valley, folks...

"It's a pantheon of Concrete and Steel.
It's a city that rises defiantly in the Delta alongside the father of waters.
It's the humidity of Autumn evenings that drapes stately oaks and broad magnolias.
It is haunted, and it is loud.
It is Halloween night & cannon blasts.
It is a Louisiana Gumbo of humanity that cheers its Tigers to victory,
and destroys the dreams of invading foes.
Chance of rain is... NEVER!
It's the Cathedral of college football, and worship happens here.
When the sun finds its home in the Western sky,
It's a field of glory for sure...
But much more than that, it is a sacred place.
And it's Saturday Night in
DEATH VALLEY!"

Dear God, I love College Football! Let the games begin!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my, I am an Oregon Duck and I did not realize one of my blog friends was an LSU fan! haha. It's all good....just kidding. You beat us fair and square...

    ReplyDelete

All About Ashley

My photo
Spring, TX, Southern, United States
Playing with and keeping up with my nephew and niece take up a lot of my time. Van Geaux takes up the rest of it. Work is an afterthought most days! I like to be outside- but not when it's too hot. I get bored at my desk all day. Niki keeps my world spinning and without her and AC I'd lose it. My work ethic crashes at 4 p.m. daily and I live my sweet puppy and my hedgehog whenever I am not at Niki's. I truly believe naps are quality pass-time events, and sometimes I say bad words at work. I'm pretty sure I'm insane on multiple levels and I believe rules don't apply to me.
It seems that my life is quite entertaining. I didn't realize this myself, but was informed of it by my friends- who are rather entertained by tales of my life occurrences.

I'm far from a professional writer. These are just stories, comments, and other items for simple amusement. Hopefully it's a fun read, as Shannon plans to edit it into a book one day! Maybe we'll become famous, and maybe we'll just have some good laughs at my expense (and some other characters in my life). Either way, happy reading!